Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The 9:1 Rule

Let's be honest, sticking to that 'four letter word' diet isn't the easiest thing to do. As much as I'd like to say I'm perfect, I'M FAR FROM IT. I have a sweet tooth, and I indulge it a little too much some times. But, as I've come to know of the 9 to 1 rule, I've been doing a lot better! 
Here's how it works:
When you start thinking about changing your lifestyle by eating better, you may start out by having 9 bad days, and 1 good day. (Hey, that's a start, right?) But as you motivate yourself, it may become 8 bad days and 2 good days. The numbers keep switching and eventually you may have 5 bad and 5 good days. Not too shabby... The goal is to get to 1 bad day and 9 good days. I'm not quite there yet. I would say that I'm about 2 bad days and 8 good days. Not quite where I want to be, but I'm a work in progress :)

If you are at the start of your lifestyle chance (I say lifestyle change because that's exactly what it is. You have to completely change the way you eat and the activity level you do) don't get down. Everybody has a different starting point, and everybody has a different ending point so don't compare yourself to others and their personal journey. 

One of the worst things you could do is compare yourself to others. 
Compare yourself the person you were yesterday, and be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment