Saturday, September 7, 2013

Let Me Tell You...

Hello again, and welcome to another post. As I had mentioned before, I will be including posts that I will be writing for one of my classes, and this weeks topic is all about my community.

As I thought about this, numerous people and places came to mind, but I wanted to narrow it down to a specific one. I chose to talk about the community of personal trainers.

Let's be honest, when you think of a personal trainer, what comes to mind?

Body building-judgemental- meat head- machine that only eats chicken, broccoli, and brown rice, who hasn't really had to work to get their body, and who yells at you while you're killing yourself. 




Sound right? WRONG.

Indeed some people may be like this, but MOST are not. I have had to WORK to get my body to where it is today. My nutrition isn't as perfect as you would think, and when I'm training, I'll make sure you're working, but I don't yell and make you feel horrible about yourself. 

When I became a personal trainer, I made it one of my goals to make sure that I broke the mold of the stereotypical personal trainer, and I'm not the only one out there trying to do so. 

Hiring a personal trainer isn't cheap. We aren't out to take your money only to b.s. some workout for you. I take time outside the hour I train my clients to make sure that their training programs are progressive, and challenging so they never plateau, and are constantly being pushed. There's nothing worse than seeing progress, then feeling like you're stuck in a rut and getting bored with your workouts. 

The truth is, MOST trainers (the ones who really care) are like me. They spend hours outside of the gym figuring out meal plans that will work best with the personalized fitness program they build for their clients. Unfortunately, we can be seen like a car sales man; only after one thing. 

Not true. We are just people trying to better the world be getting more people active. I always ask my clients who are unsure about training, "Would you rather spend the money now on prevention, or later when you're in the hospital having health problems?" Most will invest in their health now.





No comments:

Post a Comment